View TV Marketplace is adding channel sponsorships and ad-break bumper
FAST Channels offer viewers a wide range of content, from movies and shows to news and sports, without any subscription fees or sign-ups. They are also funded by ads, which means they provide a valuable opportunity for advertisers and brands to reach a large and engaged audience.
One of the most effective ways for advertisers and brands to leverage FAST channels is through sponsorship. Sponsorship is a form of advertising that involves associating a brand with a specific channel, program, or genre of content, usually through logos, banners, or voice-overs.
Sponsorship can help advertisers and brands achieve several benefits, such as:
- Enhancing brand awareness and recall: Sponsorship can increase the visibility and recognition of a brand among the viewers of a FAST channel. By sponsoring a channel or a program that matches the brand’s target audience and values, the brand can create a positive association and impression in the viewers’ minds. For example, a car manufacturer can sponsor a FAST channel dedicated to motoring entertainment, such as Top Gear, to showcase its products and features to potential customers.
- Boosting brand loyalty and preference: Sponsorship can also strengthen the relationship between a brand and its existing or potential customers. By sponsoring a channel or a program that offers high-quality and relevant content to the viewers, the brand can demonstrate its support and appreciation for their interests and needs. This can increase the trust and affinity of the viewers towards the brand, and make them more likely to choose it over competitors. For example, a food delivery service can sponsor a FAST channel that features cooking shows, such as BBC Food, to highlight its convenience and variety to hungry viewers.
- Driving traffic and conversions: Sponsorship can also generate direct results for advertisers and brands in terms of driving traffic and conversions. By sponsoring a channel or a program that has a clear call-to-action or incentive for the viewers, the brand can encourage them to visit its website, app, or store, or to make a purchase or sign-up. For example, an online retailer can sponsor a FAST channel that showcases fashion trends, such as Style by ITV Studios, to entice viewers to shop for the latest outfits and accessories.
Sponsorship is not only beneficial for advertisers and brands but also for FAST channel broadcasters. By offering sponsorship opportunities to advertisers and brands, FAST channel broadcasters can gain several advantages, such as:
- Increasing revenue and cash flow: Sponsorship is one of the main sources of income for FAST channel broadcasters, as they charge advertisers and brands a fee for displaying their logos or messages on their channels or programs. Sponsorship fees are usually paid in advance by advertisers and brands, which means they provide a steady and predictable cash flow for the FAST channel broadcasters. This can help them cover their operational costs and invest in improving their content quality and variety.
- Attracting more viewers and advertisers: Sponsorship can also help FAST channel broadcasters grow their audience size and diversity. By partnering with reputable and relevant advertisers and brands, FAST channel broadcasters can enhance their credibility and appeal among the viewers. This can attract more viewers to their channels or programs, which in turn can attract more advertisers and brands who want to reach them. This can create a virtuous cycle of growth and success for both parties.
- Differentiating from competitors: FAST Sponsorships can help FAST channel broadcasters stand out from their competitors in the crowded and competitive FAST market. By offering unique and exclusive sponsorship opportunities to advertisers and brands, FAST channel broadcasters can create a distinctive identity and value proposition for their channels or programs. This can differentiate them from other FAST channels that offer similar or generic content, and give them an edge in retaining and acquiring viewers.
In conclusion, sponsorship is a win-win strategy for both advertisers and brands and FAST channel broadcasters. It allows them to create a mutually beneficial relationship that enhances their brand image, revenue, audience, and competitive advantage. As the FAST market continues to expand and evolve, sponsorship will remain a key factor in its success